How to Choose Best Family Tents?
Best Family Camping Tents 2016 - Buying Guide & Reviews will help YOU to buy Best FAMILY TENTS for your NEXT family camping for a better CAMPING experience.
Look! Buying the best family tents might not be easy these days since there are so many options out there, and not all of these can fully satisfy the needs of each customer. Therefore, you should conduct research and determine the characteristics that the best family tent should provide you with.
After that, you can start evaluating the features of each available options and determine if these are able to provide what you want before deciding on which to buy.
Top 6 Best Family Tents
- Kelty Acadia 4-Person Tent
- Wenzel Blue Ridge Tent - 7 Person
- Wenzel Great Basin Tent - 10 Person
- Coleman Instant 8 Person Tent, Black
- NTK Cherokee GT 8 to 9 Person 10 by 12 Foot Sport Camping Dome Tent 100% Waterproof 2500mm 3 Seasons
- NTK Super Arizona GT up to 12 Person 20.6 by 10.2 by 6.9 Height Foot Sport Family XL Camping Tent 100% Waterproof 2500mm Tent
What Does Best Family Tent Provide?
Best family tents provides a long list of useful features. However, many outdoor experts were able to summarize the most important characteristics in a simple list:
First off, a good tent must be able to provide an ample amount of interior space and headroom since these make the occupants feel more comfortable while camping outdoors.
Secondly, they should be well-ventilated and free from unwanted odors.
Thirdly, a best family tent must be waterproofed and equipped with an adequate amount of features that further help in preventing water from getting into the sleeping areas.
Finally, an ideal family tent should be easy to assemble and take down again.
By just considering the above-mentioned features, any buyer can now easily assess the features of family tent that they come across and determine if it's one of the best.
Best Family Tent For Camping
Top 04 Best Family Tents
Ozark Trail 10-Person Family Cabin Tent
Our Rank ++++
3 doors & 6 windows
Color: Red & White
Capacity: 10+ person
Weight: 31.4 pounds
3 Rooms Tent
Setting Up Time: 15 Minutes
Editor Ranking: 4.50
The Kelty Acadia 4 Person Tent
Our Rank ++++
2 doors only
Capacity: 4 person
Weight: 10.5 pounds
1 Room Tent
Setting Up Time: 3~5 Minutes
Editor Ranking: 3.90
Coleman 8 Person Instant Tent
Our Rank +++++
2 doors & 7 windows
Capacity: 8 person
Weight: 43.8 pounds
2 Rooms Tent
Setting Up Time: Close to A Minute
Editor Ranking: 4.80
Wenzel Blue Ridge Seven Person Tent
Our Rank +++
1 doors & 2 windows
Capacity: 7+ Person
Weight: 18.1 pounds
2 Rooms Tent
Setting Up Time: 7~9 Minutes
Editor Ranking: 4.20
Ozark Trail 10-Person 3-Room XL Family Cabin Tent
The Ozark Trail 10-Person 3-Room XL Family Cabin Tent is a family camping tent that can accommodate up to 10 sleepers or three queen-sized mattresses and a spare room. It comes with a durable divider and can be divided into three rooms for privacy.
The product has three doors found on the center panel and the sides. All of these can be separately used for entrance- and exit purposes. The tent also features six windows that keep it well-ventilated. These also allow the occupants to have a panoramic view of the camp site.
For protection against rain, the tent is equipped with taped fly seams that prevent water leakage and rain from entering. Its floor is also waterproof and designed to protect occupants from harmful elements. It can be easily assembled and disassembled since it comes with pre-assembled poles.
- Offers good ventilation
- Has interior space which is good for 10 occupants or 3 queen-sized beds
- Comes with 3 doors and 6 windows
- Features a reliable protective floor
- Allows the occupants to have a panoramic view of the camping site
- Product assembly is quite convenient
- Sold along with a carrying bag
- Has many poles that make the assembly more confusing
- Not made of fire-retardant material
- Might not be eligible for shipping in some countries
The Ozark Trail 10-Person 3-Room XL Family Cabin Tent is a best family camping tent that can accommodate up to 10 occupants. It's waterproof and well-ventilated. It also features a divider, 6 windows and 3 doors.
Coleman 4 Person Instant Tent
If you have a small family & looking for a best family camping tent from many best family tents, you are in right position. Coleman 4 person instant is a perfect family tent for you. It will gives you maximum output with minimum cost.
This Coleman tent is perfect for 4 person, so you, your wife with kids can easily use this family camping tent for your next family camping.
- Its easy setup and take down is a major pro for this tent.
- Its two interior pockets allow one to store their small items.
- Its 3 large windows allow for proper ventilation of the tent.
- It’s very spacious interior which can fit a queen-sized airbed.
- The tent has is tapped all over thus one doesn’t have to have a rain fly which is an added cost.
- It only has one door
- Its vents on top do not seal very well in the rain.
- The tents is very light thus doesn’t fare well in windy conditions
The Kelty 4 Person Tent
If you are looking for a best family tent with maximum privacy, you need the Kelty Acadia 4 Person Tent for your camping life. This is really an awesome tent.
- Kelty has a simple freestanding design
- Kelty has two large doors
- This tent noiseless zippers allow one to walk in and out of the tent without disturbing the rest of the campers
- The tent is very airy
- Interior pockets allow one to store their necessities prone to easy lose
- This Kelty tent contains very little inside storage
- The Acadia Kelty 4 person tent is fairly heavy
Coleman 8-Person Instant Tent
The Coleman 8-Person Instant Tent is a multi-award winning family camping tent. Its floor area is good for 8 people or two queen-sized beds. The product is made of heavy-duty and thick fabric. It comes with the Coleman’s WeatherTec System that keeps the tent dry inside even in the midst of rough weather. The system comes with the patented welded floor and inverted seams that keep the water out. Finally, the tent also features a user-friendly setting-up mechanism so that it can be fully erected by hand.
- Constructed using a durable fabric
- Offers an interior space which is good for 8 persons or 2 queen-sized beds
- Features a fully-waterproofed floors, doors and walls
- Equipped with Coleman’s WeatherTec System
- Well ventilated
- Comes with 2 doors and 7 windows
- Sold along with a removable interior divider
- Features a simple assembling mechanism
- Sold with a 1-year warranty
- Not very lightweight
- Lacks the needed portability
- Hard to disassemble
Opting for the Coleman 8-Person Instant Tent is a good idea since it’s made of heavy-duty fabric that can withstand the challenges of outdoor conditions. It offers a large and comfortable interior and is fully-waterproofed and backed by a one-year warranty.
Wenzel Blue Ridge 2 Room Seven Person Tent
The Wenzel Blue Ridge 2 Room Seven Person Tent is a family camping tent which is made of waterproof and fire-retardant polyester that offers an ample amount of interior space for up to 7 people. It can be divided into two rooms using the zipped divider included in the product’s package. Aside from its size, the product is praised for its durability.
When fully erected, the tent becomes very stable. Such stability is made possible by the shock-corded and sturdy multi-diameter poles made of fiberglass. The tent also comes with a welded polyethylene floor which is durable enough to withstand years of continuous use, and is blessed with a large door located on its side which serves as its sole entrance and exit point.
Aside from that, the product also comes with a fly rod which helps prevent water from entering the tent’s door and windows by providing a protective awning. The awning is responsible for allowing the windows and door to be left opened during rain, and this minimizes condensation inside the tent.
- Made of durable, waterproof and fire-retardant materials
- Provides ample interior space and headroom
- Doors and windows have s hoop fly pole for additional rain protection
- Comes with a removable seam sealed fly and mesh roof vents
- Sold with a removable interior divider
- Features an E-port and 4 convenience pockets
- Comes with a waterproof and durable floor
- Has few windows
- Lacks additional door
- Might not be eligible for international shipping
The Wenzel Blue Ridge 2 Room Seven Person Tent is a best family tent option since it has a durable floor, is fire-retardant, waterproof and offers ample interior space for up to 7 people. Its assembly and disassembly is also convenient.
If you think about the individual features of above each products discussed in this best family tents list. You can trust these are the best family tent models that are currently available. Each has the necessary features expected from a quality family tent. however, the features of one particular product make it stand out from the others.
Our First Choice: Ozark Trail 10-Person 3-Room XL Family Cabin Tent
Of the above five products reviewed, the Ozark Trail 10-Person 3-Room XL Family Cabin Tent is the recommended choice. It’s ideal for up to 10 people, can accommodate 3 queen-sized beds and comes with three rooms. Additionally, it’s equipped with 3 doors. And 6 windows that keep it well-ventilated. The tent is made of waterproof materials and can be easily assembled and disassembled. But if you are in a small family, you must buy Coleman 4 person instant tent.
Our Verdict on 4 More Best Tents
As a result, in this article, we have tried to find out most of all best family tents, especially relevant of best family camp camping tents. Also here is another summary in addition we have added finally, that may help you.
Our Second Choice: Coleman 4 Person Instant Tent
The Coleman 4 Person Instant Tent is the second recommended choice from our Best Family Tents list. The tent can accommodate up to 4 people but is perfect for a small family or team. It provides an adequate amount of ventilation, made possible by having 1 door and 3 windows. Setting up the tent is easy and can be completed without any tools; it can be setup in less than a minute. This product is also waterproof and fire-retardant.
Our Third Choice: Kelty Acadia 4 Person Tent
The Kelty Acadia 4 Person Tent comes in third place. It has a smaller interior space which is suitable for 4 people. The tent is fully waterproofed and fire-retardant. It can be easily assembled and is equipped with mesh elements for adequate ventilation.
Our Fourth Choice: Coleman 8-Person Instant Tent
The Coleman 8-Person Instant Tent is the fourth best option with its 8-person capacity. Fully-waterproofed construction. And an user-friendly assembling mechanism. It is a well-ventilated option. Equipped with Coleman’s excellent WeatherTec System. The 2 doors and 7 windows also contribute to the airflow. And allowing cooler air to enter while gradually filtering out the warmer air.
Our Fifth Choice: Wenzel Blue Ridge 2 Room Seven Person Tent
Finally, the Wenzel Blue Ridge 2 Room Seven Person Tent secures the fifth best spot. It has the smallest interior space of the 5 models reviewed and is suited to 7 people. Despite its small size, it remains one of the best family tents and is waterproof. And fire-retardant. Regarding ventilation, the Wenzel performs ineffectively as it has fewer doors and windows. The assembly process is not so straightforward. As the tent is sold with many multicolored poles that can be confusing.
Are You Still Confused? What is the Conclusion?
What is the finally result? As a result in conclusion, do you need more information and need more think to buy your best family camping tent? Please get in touch and let us know your opinion. We hope we are able to help you. And we are capable to provide you more details information about family camping tents. In conclusion, we ensure you, you are in the right place to buy the best family camping tent.