The US Family Camping Guide A to Z
Family camping requires lots of planning, preparation, and research for it to be satisfactory and enjoyable. Thousands of families go camping in the hundreds of parks located all around the country. For successful planning, you need to take at least five issues into account. There are standard items that you need on a typical camping trip. There are also items that could be unique depending on weather and another particular requirement of a particular camping park. Here is a family camping guide A to Z that may able to help you for your next family camping.
Table of Contents
The 5 Steps of Family Camping Guide A to Z
To complete a best family camping you must need a best camping planning guide. Here is a best family camping guide where you will get from home to camping place to back home guideline. So if you follow this family camping guide A to Z, your family camping will be a perfect camping with lots of fun.
- Before You Go
- Where to Sleep
- What to Eat
- What to Take
- When You’re There
1. Before You Go
- Planning: You will need to write down your family camping trip. What kind of camping trip is going to be, how you plan to stay there. You also need to plan on the camping gear that you will need. Most importantly you will need when, where, and who you are going with.
- Lists: You will need a packing list, tent camping lists, food lists, first aid list, clothing list and itinerary. Forefinger some essential items could be inconveniencing and sometimes downright dangerous.
- Camping Tips: No two families can camp the same way. You will need to have your methods of cleaning, food preparation and preservation, types el games and even the sleeping arrangement at the camp.
- Essential Gear: You will also need to choose on necessary gear for outdoor camping, cooking gear, baby swings, chairs and tables, lighting, etc.
2. Where to Sleep
- Tents: There are many different types of tents. There are cabins style tents, dome tents, backpacking tents, screen tents, three season tents, pop up tents, etc. You will need to establish the kind of camping that you want. You also have to figure out the kind of weather that you will encounter during the camping.
- RVs: If you choose to camp using RVs, then there are at least six different types of RVs to choose from. There are tear drop trailers, tent trailers, truck campers, motorhomes, fifth wheels, and hybrid trailers. Each of these types of trailers has their strengths and weaknesses.
3. What to Eat
- Camping Menu: Before leaving home, you will need to do shopping for the camping trip. Make sure you draw up a meal list for what you will eat the entire time of camping. You also have to plan for the snacks for the weeks since kids will play a lot and they will need to eat much more often.
- Campfire Cooking: You will also have to figure out how you are going to cook that food. You could use a Dutch oven, a grill, or coals.
- Easiest Meals: Foods like canned beans, hot dogs, pasta, pancakes. French toast, wraps, ground beef supper are easy meals to prepare. You should priorities them in your meal plan. Have a food list with mostly dry foods and less perishable food items. On you have your meals planned out draft simple recipes that you will use to prepare the foods.
4. What to Take
- Chairs/Clothing/Lighting: There are lots of items that a campsite management can provide as rentals. These include chairs and tables as well as board games. You will have to carry clothing, knives, baby swings, sleeping bags and sleeping pads. You will also need to plan for a proper lighting system including bulbs and flashlights. Depending on the place you might have to carry bug repellents and tenet reinforcement.
5. When You’re There
- Backpacking: From the moment you go out, you will want to follow the trails and the family camping park. That’s why you also need to plan on a mini backpack. Make sure you have items that can fit in it. Avoid bulky items.
- Bathrooms: Most family camping parks offer well-built and clean bathrooms. However some offer outhouses and other primitive bathrooms. Enquire from the management before planning your travel.
- First Aid In a typical family camping trip, a million things could go wrong. Kids could develop a fever. There are also bugs that could cause irritation. They may also develop blisters, heat strokes, wasp stings, sunburn, etc. Learn how to contact basic first aid care. You also need to know where the nearest medical facilities in the region are, in the case of emergency.
- General Safety: You will need to enforce camp safety, food safety, inspect baby swings, manage camp fires and care for kids around water bodies and cliffs. Think of all the possible hazards in the area and how to mitigate them.
Conclusion of Family Camping Guide A to Z
If you spend enough time planning then camping will be easy. Conversely, if you don’t plan the family camping trip properly, it will be a nightmare. Make sure you have set the ground rules and the managed expectations among the kids. The central aim of the trip is to bond and have fun. Therefore, make all the decision that will guarantee everyone a good time. Also remember to take lots of photos for posterity and encourage everyone to journal their experience.